Browse Items (7 total)

  • Tags: Furniture

Photo of Lewis W. Stuckey

BS288-STUCKEY LEWIS _FURNITURE DEALER_432 N WATER_1931.jpg
Photograph of Lewis W. Stuckey, retired furniture dealer. He retired from the furniture business in 1946. He had been in the furniture business in Decatur for 41 years. He was a partner of the Weilepp & Stuckey furniture firm which opened a store in…

Photo of the J. D. Barnhart Store

BS350-J D Barnhart Store_Marietta and Water_No Date.jpg
Photograph of the J. D. Barnhart Store located on the corner of Marietta and Water Streets, Decatur, IL.

Photo of Sugar Soap Factory Leafland and Railroad Ave.

BD68-Leafland_Railroad_ave-Sugar_Soap_Factory003.jpg
Photograph of the Sugar Soap Factory, Leafland and Railroad Ave., Decatur, IL. Sign on side of building: Scovill Co. Furniture, Carpet & Stoves.

Photo of Old Iron Ware Furniture

BD84-ironware_owned_by_Culver006.jpg
Photograph of old furniture. Photo ran in the Review March 5, 1911. This old ironware was owned by E. R. Culver of Decatur.

Photo of old bureau owned by E. R. Culver

BD83-dresser005.jpg
Photograph of an old bureau, made about 1839, was owned by E. R. Culver of Decatur. It was probably the first piece of furniture every made by a white man on the site of Decatur. It was made by a friend of Culver's father, Watt Culver. Photo ran in…