Browse Items (174 total)

  • Tags: Photo File: Houses

Photo of House on 531 W. Main Street

HO131-531_W_MAIN_ST, MICHAEL_TROUTMAN_HSE, 12-1-1912.jpg
Photograph of House on 531 W. Main Street, Decatur, IL. "Originally built by Michael Troutman in 1868. It was the first brick residence built on that street. In 1912 it was remodeled and a coat of cement plaster was put over the brick. Mr. and Mrs.…

Photographs of the Culver House

HO12-412_W_PRAIRIE_ST, JOHN_H_CULVER_HSE.jpg
412 W. Prairie Ave. John H. Culver home, built around 1887. It was sold to Roy Phillips in 1950 by Elizabeth C. Shellabarger, daughter of John H. Culver. Phillips remodeled it into apartments. A fire in 1979 caused extensive damage to the attic and…

Photograph of 304 W. Macon

HO117-304_W_MACON_ST, 1996.jpg
Photograph of 304 W. Macon taken in 1996.

Photos of House on 508 W. Main Street

HO122-508 (500) W MAIN  1996.jpg
Photographs of the House on 508 W. Main Street, residence of L. B. Casner.

Photos of Houses at 607 W. Main Street

HO125-607 W MAIN, J L STOUT 1896.jpg
Photograph of House on 607 W. Main Street, residence of J. L. Stout, 1896. Photograph of House at 607 W. Main Street, 1996.

Photos of House on 701 W. Main Street

HO127-701 W MAIN, D F HOWE, 1896.jpg
Photograph of House on 701 W. Main, residence of D. F. Howe. Photograph of 701 W. Main in 1996.

Photographs of 505 W. Prairie Ave.

HO149-505 W PRAIRIE 1896 FM PRATT.jpg
Photographs of 505 W. Prairie Ave. built in 1896 and the residence of F.M. Pratt.

Photographs of 527 W. Prairie Ave.

HO151-527 W PRAIRIE 1996.jpg
Photographs of 527 W. Prairie Ave. which was once the residence of S.T. Nesbit.

Photograph of 836 N Church St

HO38-836_N_CHURCH_ST,  J_W_OSGOOD_APT_HSE, 11-19-1911.jpg
Photograph of 836 N Church St. This apartment house was built by J.W. Osgood in 1911. It has changed owners several times and was bought by Ralph E. McDaniel from Rosa Bauer in 1951. It is known as the McDaniel Apartments.

Photograph of 323 W. Macon St.

HO118-323_W_Macon_St001.jpg
Photograph of the house at 323 W. Macon St. This house was built by Smith E. Walker in 1912. His widow, Mabel Mills Walker, still lived there in 1954.