Browse Items (61 total)

  • Tags: fire

Brennamen Fire 1910

MC3-Brennaman_fire_1909 (2).jpg
Photograph of the Brennamen Fire in 1910

Brennamen Fire 1910

MC38-Brennaman_fire_1909.jpg
Photograph of the Brennamen fire in 1910

Powers Office Building/Opera House Fire 4/7/1914

RF108-Powersfire4-7-1914_042.jpg
Photograph of the Powers Office Building or Opera House fire on 4/7/1914 in Downtown Decatur.

Powers Office Building/Opera House Fire 4/7/1914

RF107-Powersfire-4-7-1914_041.jpg
Photograph of the Powers Office Building and Opera House fire on 4/7/1914 in downtown Decatur.

Library Block Fire

BD21-Library_Block-fire_2-21-1892_001.jpg
Photograph of the Library Block taken 2/21/1892 after the fire. Photo taken from Southwest looking toward the south west corner of the building.

North Main St. Garage, 530 N. Main

BD24-530 N MAIN_GARAGE_CAR DEALER_1913.jpg
Photograph of Building at 530 N. Main St. James G. Parker, agent for Haynes, Reo, White Pleasure and Commercial automobiles built this garage in 1911-12. In 1915 he sold the building to W. C. Starr. This building was destroyed by fire May 23, 1928.…

Photo of Building at 316 N. Main St.

BD98-Decatur_Business_College_building001.jpg
Photograph of building at 316 N. Main St., believed to be taken about 1889, was found in the personal effects of Byron Askins, who died in 1949. The picture is of the building at 316 N. Main street and a part of the Library Block. The house at the…

Photo of the Powers Building 200 Block E. Main St.

BD47-Powers_Building001.jpg
Photograph of building located 200 Block E. Main Street. This building probably is familiar to many but actually it disappeared more than 20 years ago. It is the Orlando Powers building, E. Main and Water Streets, which was burned in April 1914. The…

Photo of the Revere House, N. Franklin and E. Prairie, Decatur, IL.

BD50-Revere_House004.jpg
Photograph of the Revere House, N. Franklin and E. Prairie Streets. Built by Capt. David L. Allen; burned in 1871.

Photo of the Coliseum Restaurant

BS800-Coliseum Tavern_Former Fair Grounds_Built 1923.jpg
Photograph of the Coliseum Restaurant built in 1923, burned in 1925, rebuilt, and burned again in 1933. Shown in the photo is a view of the Coliseum, formerly the property of the Macon County Fair Association but more recently a beer tavern and dance…