Browse Items (8 total)

  • Tags: National Bank of Decatur

Building on S. Park, 200 Block at N. Water St., Decatur, IL.

BD123-200 blk N water.jpg
Photograph of Building at S. Park and 200 Block N. Water Street. Located at the southeast corner of S. Park and N. Water streets this building was erected in 1878 for Peddecord and Burrows banking firm. On the consolidation of that banking firm with…

Photo of Building 200 Block N. Water St., National Bank of Decatur, IL.

BD122-National_Bank_of_Decatur-200 blk N. water.jpg
Photograph of building located 200 Block of N. Water St., Decatur, IL. Photo by East End Gallery of Decatur.

Photo of Building S. Park and 200 Block N. Water.

BD115-200blk_S_Park003.jpg
Photograph of the building at S. Park and 200 Block Water St. Located at the southeast corner of S. Park and N. Water streets this building was erected in 1878 for the Peddecord & Burrows banking firm. On the consolidation of that banking firm with…

Photo of Building 200 Water and S. Park Streets.

BD88-200 blk S. Park.jpg
Photograph of buildings located on S. Park and the 200 block of Water Street. This bank was originally known as the Peddecord, Burrows & Co. bank. The name was changed to L. Burrows and Co. on July 28, 1899. It was located at the south east corner of…

Henry A. Wood

BIO475-WOOD_HENRY_A.jpg
Photograph of Henry A. Wood; (died 7/2/1937). Decatur bank employee for 60 years. In 1876 he started as a bookkeeper with Peddecord and Burrows which later became L. Burrows and Co. after that organization became the National Bank of Decatur, he…

David S. Shellabarger

BIO355-SHELLABARGER_DAVID_S-1, 1-7-1912.jpg
Photography of David S. Shellabarger; born 7/11/1837; died 1/2/1913; married Anna E. Krone; 1/6/1862; he organized the Shellabarger Milling Co. in 1856, in 1892 he disposed of his milling interest to American Hominy Co., in 1903 he organized the…

J. Bering Burrows

BIO71-BURROWS_J_BERING, C 1916058.jpg
Photograph of J. Bering Burrows (d. 4/14/1937). He was the Director of the National Bank of Decatur, and had gone into business with his father, Lowber Burrows, as a banker in 1905. He lived at 271 W. North St, the 1956 site of the Masonic Temple…

George W. Bright

BIO65-BRIGHT_GEORGE W, 5-20-1915052.jpg
Photograph of George W. Bright (d. 4/7/1917), the oldest Mason in Decatur at the time of his death. He was the last charter member of Beaumanoir Commandery, No. 9, Knights Templar. He was an assistant cashier at the National Bank of Decatur for 20…