Skip to main content
Decatur Public Library Local History Photo Collection

Browse Items (15 total)

  • Tags: 1916

Photographs of Boat Houses along the Sangamon River

Photographs of boat houses along the Sangamon River before the valley was flooded to create Lake Decatur.

Photos of Decatur Malleable Iron Co.

Photograph of Decatur Malleable Iron Co. located at 1530 E. Curtis in what was known as the Chamber of Commerce addition. Photo ran Dec 31, 1916. Photo of employees homes, photo ran Sept. 1916.

Nathan L. Krone

BIO216-KRONE_NATHAN_L, C1900.jpg
Photo of Nathan L. Krone (d. 3/31/1916). Decatur druggist for over 60 years. He came to Decatur in 1839 and began clerking in the Stamper & Condell store and then in 1852 he went to the King and Reed drug store and was there until 1855. He later…

William T. Howell

Photograph of William T. Howell (d. 1/21/1916). He was a well known farmer in Oakley Township, and raised grain and stock. He owned 400 acres of land in Macon County. The photo was taken by Haws, and ran in the Decatur Daily Review on January 25,…

Bert J. Hardy

BIO167-HARDY_BERT_J, 11-3-1916.jpg
Photograph of Bert J. Hardy (d. 11/2/1916). He was a shoe salesman in Decatur for 35 years. He was a member of the Folrath & Hardy store, which became Folrath & Folrath. In 1899, he formed a partnership with Walter Hutchin at 139 N. Water St.…

Edward Danner

Photograph of Edward Danner (b. 6/21/1869, d. 6/1932). He came to Decatur in 1900, resided there until 1928 when he moved to Columbus, OH. He was the state manager for Aultman and Taylor Threshing Machine Co. He became the director of the…

Mrs. William F. Calhoun

Photograph of Mrs. William F. Calhoun (b. 2/16/1852, d. 7/28/1918), the wife of Dr. William F. Calhoun, a former Herald editor. Mrs. Calhoun was a prominent member of the Women's Relief Corps. and a delegate to the national convention for that…

J. Bering Burrows

BIO71-BURROWS_J_BERING, C 1916058.jpg
Photograph of J. Bering Burrows (d. 4/14/1937). He was the Director of the National Bank of Decatur, and had gone into business with his father, Lowber Burrows, as a banker in 1905. He lived at 271 W. North St, the 1956 site of the Masonic Temple…

YWCA Basketball Team 1916

Photograph of the 1916 YWCA basketball team. The photograph was taken by Wasson Studios in Decatur, IL.

Decatur Fishing Club

Negative of the lake at the Fishing Club in 1916 with people canoeing on it. The Fishing Club became the South Side Country Club in 1924.