Browse Items (10 total)

  • Tags: YWCA

YWCA Evening Gym Class

AS124-YWCA_Evening_Gym_Class_5-1910_073.jpg
Negative of the YWCA evening gym class. Top row (left-right): Maud Taggart, Nell Wright, Edna Jones, Lulu Semmel. Second row (left-right): Winifred Carmany, Beulah Potts, Nellie Nolan, Fern Boland, Grace Wells. Third row (left-right): Marie Nolan,…

The Chanticleers - YWCA Basketball Team 1910

AS123-YWCA_Basketball_5-1910_074.jpg
Negative of the Chanticleers, a 1910 YWCA basketball team. Left to right: Pearl Kruse, Frances Dutch, Inez Ruckle, Edna Cromer, Edith Cope, Nita Hannum, Gertrude Mallory. The photo ran in Decatur Daily Review on May 15, 1910.

YWCA Swimming Group

AS120-Swimming Group_NoDate_156.jpg
Negative of a group of unknown women playing in the pool at the YWCA.

YWCA Swim Class

AS119-YWCA_Swim_Class_1-17-1941_075.jpg
Negative of an unknown woman in the pool participating in a YWCA swim class on January 17, 1941.

The Balbach Stars - YWCA Basketball Team 1908

AS48-YWCA-basketball_1908-balbach_stars001.jpg
Photograph of the 1908 YWCA basketball team, the Balbach Stars. Back row (left-right): Nita Hannum, Carrie Auer. Front row (left-right): Lora Park, Rose Ruckle, Caroline Metz, Josephine Kirk. The photograph ran in the Decatur Daily Review on…

YWCA Basketball Team 1908

AS35-YWCA_BASKETBALL_TEAM, 2-4-1908005.jpg
Photograph of the Twenty-Threes, the 1908 YWCA basketball team. Back row (left-right): Bertha Hayden, Vera Gher, Susanne Imboden. Front row (left-right): Mamie Keating, Mabel Fletcher, Lillian Hill, Mrs. Hugh Gates. Photo ran in the Decatur Daily…

YWCA Basketball Team 1916

AS34-YWCA_BASKETBALL_TEAM,  C1916007.jpg
Photograph of the 1916 YWCA basketball team. The photograph was taken by Wasson Studios in Decatur, IL.

YWCA Basketball Team 1910

AS33-YWCA_BASKETBALL_TEAM,  5-15-1910006.jpg
Photograph of the Topsys basketball team from the YWCA in 1910. From top down: Mary Leech, Mae Cannard, Rose Ruckle, Irene Chandler, Ruth Stephens, Flora Ellis, Edna Cromer. The photo ran in the Decatur Daily Review on May 15, 1910.