Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: Herald & Review

Fairview Park - Natural Spring

PK3-Fairview Park_Natural Spring_1909.jpg
These are the photographs of the natural spring at Fairview Park that was on the south side of the Park by Park Place. It bubbled up in a cobble masonry until 1908 when the Seventh Ward sewer was put in. The photos were taken in 1897 and 1909

Photo of old bureau owned by E. R. Culver

BD83-dresser005.jpg
Photograph of an old bureau, made about 1839, was owned by E. R. Culver of Decatur. It was probably the first piece of furniture every made by a white man on the site of Decatur. It was made by a friend of Culver's father, Watt Culver. Photo ran in…