Browse Items (14 total)
- Collection: Photo File: Historic Landmarks
Drawings of a recreation of the Wigwam tent set up on S. Park St. across from Central Park where Abraham Lincoln was nominated for president on May 9-10, 1860.
Photograph Wabash Depot in the center and Illinois Central Railroad Depot on the right. Photograph of the Illinois Central Railroad Depot.
Photograph of 'Ten Gallon Lil' after she was moved from Central Park to the Waterworks around 1930. The fountain itself dates back to 1876.
Photograph of the William Warnick Homestead. This house, seven miles southwest of Decatur, was built by William Warnick after 1833, and became known as the "Thirty-Three Mile House" when owned by John Eckle and used as part of his tavern property to…
Photographs of various businesses and people from Lincoln Square.
Photographs taken from the June 22, 1996 Transfer House Centennial Celebration in Central Park. Steve Craven directs a special section of the Decatur Municipal Band.
Photographs of Lincoln Square, the Transfer House's former location and a photograph of the Transfer House as it sits now in Central Park taken in 1996.
Photograph of the lake at the Fishing Club, taken from the north end of the dam. This photo was taken from J.K. Stafford on July 13, 1908. The…