Browse Items (215 total)

  • Tags: Buildings

Aerial Photographs of the Area and Various Buildings after the Norfolk & Western Explosion

RR139-N_&_W_EXPLOSION-13, 7-19-1974013.jpg
Various aerial photographs showing the area and buildings damaged after the Norfolk & Western Railway Co. explosion which occurred on Friday July 19th, 1974. This accident occurred after a tank car containing propane was punctured by another car,…

Benson Creamery Co.

Photograph of the Benson Creamery Co. located on 244 N. Church St. Building was erected in 1913 as the home of the Benson Creamery Co. They remained there until 1948 when they moved to 250 W. Cerro Gordo St. Photo by Rembrandts, photo ran in the…

Building on S. Franklin St.

Photograph of the building that houses A. J. Dunston Blacksmith Shop and the Hitching Post, located on 136 S. Franklin St.. Print from glass negatives found in a Decatur attic Feb. 1956.

Building on S. Park, 200 Block at N. Water St., Decatur, IL.

BD123-200 blk N water.jpg
Photograph of Building at S. Park and 200 Block N. Water Street. Located at the southeast corner of S. Park and N. Water streets this building was erected in 1878 for Peddecord and Burrows banking firm. On the consolidation of that banking firm with…

Buildings, Temple Block, 351 N. Water St., Decatur, IL.

BD72-Temple Block_1896.jpg
Photograph of the Temple Block, 351 N. Water Street. Photo taken in 1896. Horse and Wagon with sign Family Grocery, Foreign and Domestic, Fruits and Vegetables.

C. W. Fletcher Grocery

BD15-CWFletcher-1088 _S_Franklin.jpg
Photograph of C. W. Fletcher Grocery at 1088 S. Franklin St.,, Decatur, IL.

Citizens Building

Photograph of the Citizens Building, 250 N. Water St. old cars line the streets, 5-10-25 cents store on corner.

Citizens National Bank

BD9-N Merchant_Citizens Bank_Post Jewelers.jpg
Photograph of Buildings; E. Prairie and 100 Block of Merchants St. The brick building, between Merchant St. and the alley next to the church was built in 1888 and occupied by the Citizens National Bank until 1910 when their new building on N. Water…