Browse Items (29 total)

  • Tags: 1948

Photographs of the Wabash R.R. Rogers Replica

RR95-Rodgers replica longside engine 2519 10-13-1948224.jpg
Photographs of the Wabash R.R. Rogers replica, one, taken around 1948, alongside engine #2519; the other, taken in 1954, on display with the caption: "The Rogers-Operated 115 years. Replica of first locomotive to operate west of the Alleghenies. Made…

Photographs of Illinois Terminal R. R. Streamlined Combines

RR87-IL_TERMINAL, 2-20-1953_001.jpg
Photographs of Illinois Terminal R. R. streamlines combines. Photographs include the "City of Decatur" combine taken October 21, 1948 and "Suburban Car #405" taken February 23, 1953.

Photographs of Lake Decatur Sailboats Yachting

LD60-Lake_Decatur_Sail_Boats_Yachting_7-25-1948_0039.jpg
Photographs of Lake Decatur sailboats yachting taken July 25, 1948.

Photograph of 215 Park Place

HO276-Houses_215-N_Park_PL_Theta-O-Hse_3-25-1948_082.jpg
Photograph of 215 Park Place taken on March 25, 1948.

Photograph of 335 W. Decatur St.

HO316-Houses_335_W_Decatur_10-8-1948_344.jpg
Photograph of 335 W. Decatur St. taken October 8, 1948.

Circus Elephants

EV41-Circus_Elephants_7-8-1948_057.jpg
Photograph of elephants walking down the street in Decatur during the June 1948 circus.

Photo of Four Square Gospel Church

CH104-Four_Square_Gospel_Church003.jpg
Photograph of Four Square Gospel Church, 300 Block E. Leafland Ave., Decatur, IL. "Parishioners Build Their Own Church. The 250 members of the Four Square Gospel church in Decatur, Ill. have constructed their new edifice, using only volunteer labor…

Photo of Benson Creamery Co.

BS58-BENSON_CREAMERY, 12-7-1913_002.jpg
Photograph of the Benson Creamery Co. located at 244 N. Church Street, Decatur, IL. Building was erected in 1913 as the home of the Benson Creamery Co. They remained there until 1948 when they moved to 250 W. Cerro Gordo Street. Photo by Rembrandt;…

Elks Club Kitchen

AS4-Elks Club_Kitchen_1948_034.jpg
Negative of two unknown women working in the Elk Club's kitchen in 1948.

Dining Room of the Elks Club

AS3- Elks Club_Dining Room_1948035.jpg
Negative of two women standing in the back of the Elks Club dining room in 1948