Browse Items (23 total)
- Tags: 1955
Photograph of the last steam engine- the Wabash R.R. Class F-5 2-6-0 steam engine #573 in Decatur IL, taken August 7, 1955.
Photo of programmer, taken 9/21/1955. Photo of radio DJ inside studio, taken 1965. Photographs of WSOY DJ in studio, taken 1955. Photograph of Programmer, taken 9/21/1955.
Photograph of Whitehouse Steak n Shake Restaurant Famous for their Steakburger. In 1955 there were two Steak n Shakes, 129 E. William and 820 N. Main Street, Decatur, IL.
Photograph of the Decatur Lumber Co. --Lumber Shed. Photo ran in the Review Dec 31, 1909. Lumber Co. located at 666 N. Water at Wabash Street. Photo of Decatur Lumber and Manufacturing co. --Machine Room. This factory, located at 666 N. Water, is the…
Photograph of Stewart's Dry Goods located at 211 N. Water St. They started business in Decatur on March 5, 1897 in this building. Folrath's Shoe Store took possession of this building on July 6, 1908 after Stewart's had moved to the north on the…
Photograph of Building at 815-819 N. Van Dyke St. In 1955 this building was occupied by the Grinstead Grocery Store. Curtis Calhoun lived at 904 N. Van Dyke.
Photograph of Dr. William M. Catto. He was a physician and surgeon with an office in rooms 3-4-5 Fenton Block. He had a residence at 364 W. William…