Browse Items (18 total)

  • Tags: 1951

Photograph of the Wabash R.R. Panel-Side Hopper #34070 Salvaging

RR21-Wabash RR salvage operation of open top hopper Wabash 34070 at Decatur, Il007.jpg
Photograph of the Wabash R.R. panel-side hopper #34070 salvage operation in Decatur IL taken on Septermber 7th, 1951.

Photograph of the Wabash R.R. Hopper #135004 Salvaging

RR22-Wabash RR salvage operation of open top hopper Wabash 135004 at Decatur, Il008.jpg
Photograph of the salvage operation of the Wabash R.R. hopper #135004 in Decatur IL taken on September 7th, 1951.

Photograph of the Chicago & Eastern Illinois R.R. Wreck

RR56-wreck_Meadowlark004.jpg
Photograph of the Chicago & Eastern Illinois R.R. wreck of passenger train "Meadowlark" at Mode, IL near Shelbyville taken July 11, 1951.

Photographs of Staff at the Carnegie Library

LB1356-Decatur_Public_Library_Staff_2-9-1954_008.jpg
Various photographs of staff at the Carnegie Library taken in 1954 and 1960.

Photographs from the First Book Fair at Carnegie Library

LB35-DECATUR PL-14, FIRST_BOOK_FAIR, NOVEMBER, 1951015.jpg
Various photographs from the first book fair held at Carnegie Library in November of 1951. Dr. Zims attended to autograph copies of his autobiography and Mrs. Beth Wilson, an illustrator also attended.

Photograph of 861 W. William St.

HO404-Houses_861_W_William_St_4-18-1951_0007.jpg
Photograph of 861 W. William St., taken April 18, 1951.

Photograph of Sailboats on Lake Decatur

LD51-Lake_Decatur_Sail_Boats_6-7-1951_0047.jpg
Photograph of sailboats on Lake Decatur taken June 7, 1951.

Photographs of the Lake Decatur Sail Boat Regatta

LD53-Lake_Decatur_Sail_Boats_Regatta_8-19-1951_0053.jpg
Photographs of the Lake Decatur Sail Boat Regatta taken August 19, 1951.

Photograph of 250 W. Prairie Ave.

HO393-Houses_250_W_Prairie_7-23-1951_087.jpg
Photograph of 250 W. Prairie Ave. taken on July 23, 1951.

Photo of Dr. J. T. B. Stapp's House 200 Block Franklin and William Streets.

Photograph of House on corner of N. Franklin and E. Williams Streets. "the home of Dr. J. T. B. Stapp, called Decatur's first capitalist stood for many years at the corner of Franklin and William streets on ground now occupied by the Decatur post…