Browse Items (35 total)

  • Tags: 1917

Photograph of Max Sadowski

FD98-SADOWSKI, MAX, 7-22-1917.jpg
Photograph of Max Sadowski; died January 18, 1924. Member of the Decatur Fire Department at Station No. 2 when he was drafted in 1917 for World War I.

Photograph of Christian Adolph Klein

SC324-Christian_Adolph_Klein-1917017.jpg
Photograph of Christian Adolph Klein. Originally from Germany, he came to Millikin University to finish his education and had charge of extension courses in Commercial German and German business forms.

David B. Parr

BIO302-PARR_DAVID_ 5-26-1917.jpg
Photograph of David B. Parr; former owner of the City Book Store (the firm of Parr and Parr) which was located at 124 Merchant St. He sold out and in 1917 they moved to Fayette County, IL. His wife was formerly household editor for the Decatur…

1917 Decatur High School Decanois

sdhs1917.pdf
This is the 1917 Decatur High School yearbook

Photograph of James Doolen, Omar Harris, and Samuel Morthland

FD104-VARIOUS, DOOLEN, JAMES_HARRIS_OMAR_MORTHLANDSAMUEL, 7-22-1917.jpg
Photograph of James Doolen, Omar Harris and Samuel Morthland taken in 1917. Doolen was a former captain of the Fire Department. He served over 31 years on the force. He took up farming after retiring from the Fire Department. Harris was formerly with…

Photographs from the Old Settlers Reunion

EV98-Old_Settlers_Reunion_8-8-1935_151.jpg
Photographs from several Old Settlers Association Reunions in Fairview Park taken in 1911, 1917, 1930 and 1935.

Capt. W. L. Krigbaum

BIO220-KRIGBAUM_W_LUTZ-2, C1917.jpg
Photograph of Capt. W. L. Krigbaum take by the Herald and Review, Decatur, IL.

Photo of the Sangamo Building located at 326-328 N. Water St., Decatur, IL.

BD110-Sangamo Building-326-328 N Water.jpg
Photograph of the Sangamo Building, 326-328 N. Water St. This building was occupied by Mueller, Platt, & Wheeland Co. Wholesale Grocers until 1917 when Blakney & Plums moved to that location. In 1954 this building was occupied by the John Green…

Photo of 500 Block of East Eldorado looking East from Broadway (MLK), 1917.

ST8-EAST_ELDORADO_ST, LOOKING_EAST_FROM_MLK, C1917011.jpg
Photograph of the 500 Block of East Eldorado, looking East from Broadway (MLK). The building on the right is the Fred Kipp grocery store, photo taken 1/4/1917.