Browse Items (9 total)

  • Tags: Rembrandt

Photographs of 275 Park Place
Photographs of 275 Park Place. This house was built by William J. Huff about 1913. Later acquired by A.M. Kenney. In January of 1930 it was sold by Mrs. Kenney to W. Lindley Huff, son of builder, William J. Huff.

Photograph of No. 3 Millikin Place
Photograph of No. 3 Millikin Place. This house was built by W.J. Grady in 1909 and 1910.

Photograph of Jane Johns' Home
Photograph of Jane Johns' home taken in 1914. This house, built in 1854, was torn down in 1928, to build the Johns Hill Junior High School.

Photographs from the Decatur Trunk Factory Fire
Photographs from the June 18, 1914 fire that occured at the Decatur Trunk Factory and the 'Come Across' pool room on N Water St. The fire was started by a loud explosion that originated in the pool room and was heard and felt throughout the business…

Photographs from the Decatur Hotel and Arcade Building Fire
Photographs from the April 21, 1915 fire at the Decatur Hotel and Arcade building in downtown Decatur. The fire was discovered by an engineer in the boiler room of the basement of the hotels, but no explanation of how the fire had originated was…

Photograph of Arthur C. Spence
Photograph of Arthur C. Spence; died March 3, 1955; married to Mary Stine in 1906. Assistant Fire Chief, retired May 1941 after serving 39 years. Member of Grace Methodist Church, the Ionic Lodge 312, AF&AM, and the Springfield Consistory.

Photographs from the Old Settlers Reunion
Photographs from several Old Settlers Association Reunions in Fairview Park taken in 1911, 1917, 1930 and 1935.

Dr. William Parr Davidson
Photograph of Dr. William Parr Davidson (b. 8/1/1871, d. 2/10/1944), a doctor who practiced medicine for 46 years, 18 of which were in Decatur. He was a member of Westminster Presbyterian Church, the American Legion, and the Masons. The photo was…