Browse Items (174 total)

  • Tags: Photo File: Houses

Photo of 5 Montgomery Place home of A. E. Staley

HO36-5_Montgomery_Place003.jpg
Photograph of 5 Montgomery Place, home of A. E. Staley, photo taken 7/7/1941.

Photo of A. W. Conklin House 507 N. Franklin Street.

HO46-507_N_FRANKLIN_ST, 6-26-1935140.jpg
Photograph of A. W. Conklin house, 507 N. Franklin street under construction; 6/26/1935. Photograph of the completed house at 507 N. Franklin. "This house was owned by A. W. Conklin, who bought it from William H. Boyd in 1872 and remodeled it. Mrs.…

Photo of Dr. J. T. B. Stapp's House 200 Block Franklin and William Streets.

Photograph of House on corner of N. Franklin and E. Williams Streets. "the home of Dr. J. T. B. Stapp, called Decatur's first capitalist stood for many years at the corner of Franklin and William streets on ground now occupied by the Decatur post…

Photo of House on 117 N. Monroe Street

HO62-117_N_Monroe001.jpg
Photograph of House on 117 N. Monroe Street, Decatur, IL. Built and designed by Mrs. Julius G. Badenhausen in 1905. It was then known as the Badenhausen Flats. It was sold to Mrs. O. t. Eddy in 1908. In 1954 it was known as the Monroe Apartments.…

Photo of House on 1900 W. Main Street and Fairview Avenue.

HO337-1900W_Main-&-Fairview_Ave-Edmiston_McClelland_House-1902_027.jpg
Photograph of House on 1900 West Main and Fairview Avenue, taken about 1902. Home of Edmiston McClellan who served 28 years as Macon Co. circuit clerk. Lived in Decatur 1835-1900. (Information from Decatur and Macon County History.)

Photo of House on 226 N. Franklin Street.

HO48-Houses_226_N_Franklin_Later_Post_Office_0001.jpg
Photograph of House on 226 N. Franklin Street. "Though this picture was made after the Jasper J. Peddecord house at 226 N. Franklin street had deteriorated, it was at one time one of the handsomest in the city. It had 14 rooms and was long a center…

Photo of House on 243 S. Franklin Street.

HO83-243_S_FRANKLIN_ST, JAMES_ALLEN_HSE, 8-19-1938.jpg
Photograph of House on 243 S. Franklin Street. "Records in the county recorder's office show that the house was constructed in 1837 by James Allen and later became the property of Wilson Allen in 1837, Jerome R. Gorin in 1846, William L. Powers in…

Photo of House on 304 W. Wood Street

HO218-304_W_Wood002.jpg
Photograph of House on 304 W. Wood Street. In 1906 the city directory listed this as the hoe of Dorvil Brooks.

Photo of House on 308 W. Main Street

HO128-308_W_MAIN_ST, W_H_LINN_HSE.jpg
Photograph of House at 308 W. Main Street. "Built by W. H. Linn in 1888. It was later the home of his son, W. W. Linn, and his daughter, Mrs. M. A. DeForest.. She sold it to Dawson and Wikoff in 1922. In 1928 it was bought from Dawson and Wikoff by…

Photo of House on 334 W. Main Street

HO329-334_W_Main_St-LL_Boblet_house-1909028.jpg
Photograph of House on 334 W. Main Street, Decatur, IL.., residence of Lycurgus L. Bobblett, 1909, city directory.