Browse Items (15 total)

  • Tags: Main St

Photographs from 1934 Circus

EV43-Circus_Mix_Tom_7-20-1934_053.jpg
Photographs from the circus in 1934. One of the circus parade at the 400 block of N. Main st. Another photo of a group of people gathered at the circus.

Photograph of 740 N. Main St

HO267-740_N_Main_St-Joseph_Mills_home_after_storm-2-2-1883040.jpg
Photograph of 740 N. Main St. taken after a storm on February 2, 1883. At that time it was the home of Joseph Mills. In the 1954 city directory there was no such house number listed on North Main.

Photograph of 1105 N. Main St.

HO60-1105_N_MAIN_ST, ADAM_F_GEBHART_HSE.jpg
Photograph of 1105 N. Main St. This house was built by Adam F. Gebhart in 1909. In 1954 it was owned by his son, Grover Gebhart.

Photograph of 925 N. Main St.

HO59-925 N MAIN 1905, SITE OF GRACE METHODIST.jpg
Photograph of 925 N. Main St. This house was built in 1865 and 1866 by J.Q. Brown who lived there until about 1874 when he sold it to Dr. W.A. Barnes. Dr. Barnes sold it in 1891 to James D. Tait, who left it to his son, Joseph S. Tait. In 1921 the…

Photograph of 756 N. Main St.

HO58-756 N MAIN 1883.jpg
Photograph of 756 N. Main St. after the storm on February 2, 1883. At that time it was the home of George H. Conklin. It later became the site of the Purity Baking Company.

Photograph of 557 N. Main St.

HO57-557 N MAIN ST 1883.jpg
Photograph of 557 N. Main St. taken after the storm on February 2, 1883. During this time it was the Durfee home. Now there is no such number on North Main.

Photograph of 315 N. Main St.

HO55-315 N Main_Chambers_1888__071.jpg
Photograph of 315 N. Main St. built in 1888.

Photograph of 809 N. Main St.

HO268-809_N_Main_St_2-2-1883_039.jpg
Photograph of 809 N. Main St. after the February 2, 1883 storm. At that time it was the home of I.C. Pugh. In the 1954 city directory there was no such house number listed on North Main.

Photograph of 358 N. Main St.

HO56-358_N_MAIN_ST, HOTEL_MAIN, GEO_W_MUELLER_HSE, 12-24-1935.jpg
Photograph of 358 N. Main St. This house was one of the last downtown Decatur residences to go in making room for business houses. The house was torn down in 1921. George W. Moeller had bought the house from the Isabelle Stafford estate and on the…

Photograph of 404-418 W. Main St.

HO331-404-412_W_Main_St-Henton_Apts-1912_021.jpg
Photograph of 404-418 W. Main St. This building was built by J.R. Henton and J.W. Richardson, brother-in-law of Henton, in 1909-1912. It was known as the Henton Apartments. In 1954 it was owned by Don Richardson of Shelbyville, IL., who is a son of…