Browse Items (213 total)

  • Tags: house

Photographs of 360 E. Wood St.

HO241-Houses_360_E_Wood_Const_By_W-P-Shade_1894_111.jpg
Photographs of 360 E. Wood St. This house was built by W.P. Shade in 1894. In 1946 it was sold to Lawrence W. Price and Edgar E. Evans, veterinarians, by Lewis W. Shade, son of W.P. Shade. It was remodeled and then used as an apartment house before…

Photograph of 1310 W. Wood St.

HO202-1310_W_Wood-MUPres_Dr_AR_Taylor_home004.jpg
Photograph of 1310 W. Wood St. This house was built in 1908 by Dr. A.R. Taylor, former president of Millikin University. In 1913 it was sold to the Kappa Delta Chi fraternity and later occupied by Sigma Alpha Epsilon when the two fraternities merged.…

Photographs of 1574 W. Wood St.

HO398-Houses_1574_W_Wood_Woodson_Hse_1-13-1936_0022.jpg
Photographs of the Woodson House at 1574 W. Wood St. taken January 13, 1936.

Photograph of 860 W. Wood St.

HO397-Houses_860_W_Wood_St_4-14-1946_004.jpg
Photograph of 860 W. Wood St. taken April 14, 1946.

Photographs of the Decatur Boat House

LD4-lake_decatur_boat_house160.jpg
Photographs of the Decatur Boat House while under construction.

Photograph of the Lake Decatur Bathhouse

LD2-lake_decatur_bath_house159.jpg
Photograph of the Lake Decatur Bathhouse while still under construction.

Photographs of 890 W. William St.

HO178-890 W WILLIAM.jpg
Photographs of 890 W. William St. This house was built by George E. Moeller in 1912. Around 1928 it was bought by John H. McEvoy who still lived there in 1954.

Photographs of 634 W. William St.

HO176-634_W_WILLIAM_ST, ISSAC_A_BUCKINGHAM_HSE.jpg
Photographs of 634 W. William St. This house was built by Isaac A. Buckingham in 1882. It was the residence of the Buckingham family until 1915. It was rented by the family for a few years, and after the death of Miss. Maria Buckingham, Mrs. Lynn…