Browse Items (19 total)

  • Tags: Apartments

Photograph of 836 N Church St

HO38-836_N_CHURCH_ST,  J_W_OSGOOD_APT_HSE, 11-19-1911.jpg
Photograph of 836 N Church St. This apartment house was built by J.W. Osgood in 1911. It has changed owners several times and was bought by Ralph E. McDaniel from Rosa Bauer in 1951. It is known as the McDaniel Apartments.

Photographs of 230 W. Prairie Ave.

HO364-Houses_230_W_Prairie_Ave_Bradshaw_Apts_1-23-1948_403.jpg
Photographs of 230 W. Prairie Ave. This was the home of John R. Bradshaw, known as the Bradshaw apartments. It was sold by H. Vincent Allen, grandson of Bradshaw, to Mrs. M.E. Grover in 1948. The 1954 city directory listed it as being owned by Mrs.…

Photographs of 401 N. College Rd.

HO21-401 N COLLEGE, ENGLAND MANSION, 12-9-1933.jpg
Photograph of 401 N. College Rd. This house was built by William B. Chambers in the late 1880's. Around 1888 it was sold to Silas Packard. In 1915 it was sold to Attorney James T. Whitley who resold it the same year to C.E. England. England…

Photograph of 314 W. Decatur St.

HO97-314_W_DECATUR_ST, C1900_105.jpg
Photograph of 314 W. Decatur St. This house, built around 1875 or 1876, was the home of John Ullrich. In 1920 it was sold by the heirs of his estate to George Williams. In November 1944 it was sold by Elizabeth T. Williams to Norbert McNamara who…

Photograph of the 1200 Block at N. Jasper and Grand

HO53-1200_BLK_N_JASPER_ST, C1900S.jpg
Photograph of the house at the 1200 block of N. Jasper and Grand Ave. This house was built by D.B. Foster in 1906. It was a combined department store, apartments, and residence. The 1954 city directory lists that address as 1260 N. Jasper, occupied…

Photograph of 1040 Lincoln Ave.

HO27-1040_LINCOLN_AVE, WALTER_H_MILLS_HSE-C1890_100.jpg
Photograph of 1040 Lincoln Ave. This house was built by Walter H. Mills. In 1954 it was an apartment house and was owned by Lloyd H. Clary.

Photograph of 462 W. Macon St.

HO119-462_W_MACON, C1927.jpg
Photograph of the house at 462 W. Macon St. This house was built about 1896 by K.H. Roby, Sr. He traded it to C.W. Sigler in 1916. B.F. Coffman bought it from the Peter B. McCluskey estate in 1927 and remodeled it into apartments known as the…

Photographs of 413 W. Macon St.

HO114-413_W_MACON_ST, WM_F_BUSHER_HSE.jpg
Photographs of the house at 413 W. Macon St. This house was built by William F. Busher in 1873. The house was torn down some time before 1943 when the Lincoln Apartments were built on that site. At the time the apartments were built the property was…

Photograph of 404-418 W. Main St.

HO331-404-412_W_Main_St-Henton_Apts-1912_021.jpg
Photograph of 404-418 W. Main St. This building was built by J.R. Henton and J.W. Richardson, brother-in-law of Henton, in 1909-1912. It was known as the Henton Apartments. In 1954 it was owned by Don Richardson of Shelbyville, IL., who is a son of…

Photograph of 414 W. Main St.

HO327-Houses_414_W_Main_4-29-1906_005.jpg
Photograph of 414 W. Main St. this house was built by J.W. Race about 1880. He sold it in 1904 to William Y. Jackman. It changed hands several times before 1911 when John Henton bought it and tore it down and built the Henton Apartments on that site.