Browse Items (15 total)

  • Tags: George Baker

Photos of South Main Street, Decatur, IL.

ST597-S. Main_&_Macon_Sts_10-1-1949_20190618_0165.jpg
Photograph Decatur: "South Main Street before the Illinois Central subway was built. Road in foreground possibly Cleveland Ave. Looking northwest from the east side of the tracks. the old court house can be seen in the background. The Greenwood…

Photo of Home Manufacturing Co.

BD114-Home_Mfg_co-901_E_Eldorado001.jpg
Photograph of the Home Manufacturing Co. on 901 E. Eldorado St. and in 1955 that address was the home of Sol Tick & Co. Photo taken sometime in the spring of 1909. Photo by George Baker of Decatur.

Photo of Stevens Mfg. Co. Woodworking Dept.

BS267-STEVENS_MFG_CO_360-380 E CERRO GORDO_1911.jpg
Photograph of the Stevens Mfg. Co. -Building, it was formerly occupied by the F. B. Tait Foundry. Photograph Woodworking Dept. The company was located at 360-380 E. Cerro Gordo Street. Ran in the Decatur Review 11/19/1911. They manufactured potato…

Photo of House on 531 W. Main Street

HO131-531_W_MAIN_ST, MICHAEL_TROUTMAN_HSE, 12-1-1912.jpg
Photograph of House on 531 W. Main Street, Decatur, IL. "Originally built by Michael Troutman in 1868. It was the first brick residence built on that street. In 1912 it was remodeled and a coat of cement plaster was put over the brick. Mr. and Mrs.…

Entrance of the Country Club of Decatur at the South End of Jasper St.

AS50-Country_club_of_Decatur-original_entrance001.jpg
Photograph of the entrance of the Country Club of Decatur on S. Jasper St. on August 13, 1911. Caption reads: "Country Club - Decatur - entrance. Located at the south end of Jasper St. This club was used until they moved to the new site east of the…

Photos of Hue Singleton Restaurant

BS235-SINGELTON_HUE_RESTAURANT_EARLY_ NO DATE.jpg
Photograph of the interior of Hue Singleton's Restaurant, dining room and restaurant help. Photograph of the exterior of Hue Singleton Restaurant, located on the northwest corner of Lincoln Square, taken by George Baker of Decatur, 1912. Photograph…

Photograph of 836 N Church St

HO38-836_N_CHURCH_ST,  J_W_OSGOOD_APT_HSE, 11-19-1911.jpg
Photograph of 836 N Church St. This apartment house was built by J.W. Osgood in 1911. It has changed owners several times and was bought by Ralph E. McDaniel from Rosa Bauer in 1951. It is known as the McDaniel Apartments.

Photograph of 323 W. Macon St.

HO118-323_W_Macon_St001.jpg
Photograph of the house at 323 W. Macon St. This house was built by Smith E. Walker in 1912. His widow, Mabel Mills Walker, still lived there in 1954.

Photographs of 1165 W. Main St.

HO334-1165_W_Main_St-Della_P_Gushard_home-1912024.jpg
Photographs of 1165 W. Main St. This house, known as the Della P. Gushard home was built in 1912. In 1953 the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity moved into the house. They had previously occupied it from 1924 to 1932.

Photograph of No. 1 Millikin Place

HO30-N0 1 MILLIKIN PLACE, 12-1-1912.jpg
Photograph of No. 1 Millikin Place. This house was built by Robert Mueller in 1911 and 1912. His widow, Addie E., still lived there in 1954.