Browse Items (12 total)

  • Tags: church

Alma and Edward B. at Church

RF52-Alma+EdwardB-at_church361.jpg
Photograph of Alma and Edward B. sitting in front of a church.

Herman, Lucille, and an Unknown Couple

BF37-unknown_people_church_steps-1955_037.jpg
Photograph of Swede and Lucille standing behind an unknown couple in front of a church in July 1955.

Herman, Lucille, and an Unknown Couple

BF38-unknown_people_church_steps-1955_038.jpg
Photograph of Swede and Lucille Besalke with an unknown couple in front of a church in July 1955.

GAR Entering a Church

AS12-GAR-enteringchurch1908_002.jpg
Photograph of members of the Grand Army of the Republic entering a church in 1908. The photo was taken by J.K. Stafford on May 24, 1908.

Decatur Union Mission Building

BD13-Decatur Union Mission 804 N Calhoun 1922.jpg
Photograph of the Decatur Union Mission Building located at 604 N. Calhoun St. Photo taken in 1922.

Photograph of the 200 Block at William St. and N. Church St.

HO39-200_BLOCK_N_CHURCH_ST, DR_S_T_TROWBRIDGE_HSE, 2-19-1911.jpg
Photograph of the houses at the 200 block at William St. and N. Church St. on the Southwest corner. Dr. S.T. Trowbridge bought it from William Traver some time before the Civil War. It then stood on N. Water St. between William and North. Dr.…

Photograph of the Corner of Jackson and Eldorado

HO237-Houses_400_Blk_E_Eldorado_6-28-1908_069.jpg
Photograph of the house at the 400 block of E. Eldorado at the corner of Jackson St. It was built by George Haworth in 1881-1882. Haworth sold the property to Moses Stafford who sold it to St. Patrick's Catholic Church in 1891 to be used for a parish…

Photograph of 925 N. Main St.

HO59-925 N MAIN 1905, SITE OF GRACE METHODIST.jpg
Photograph of 925 N. Main St. This house was built in 1865 and 1866 by J.Q. Brown who lived there until about 1874 when he sold it to Dr. W.A. Barnes. Dr. Barnes sold it in 1891 to James D. Tait, who left it to his son, Joseph S. Tait. In 1921 the…

Photograph of 417 W. Prairie Ave.

HO162-417_W_PRAIRIE_ST, OLIVER_Z_GREENE_HSE.jpg
Photograph of 417 W. Prairie Ave. This house was built by Oliver Z. Greene in 1882. It was willed to his daughter, Mrs. K.H. Roby, Jr., after his death. It was bought by the First Baptist Church in 1923 and was included in the structure of the new…

Photograph of the 200 block of W. Prairie at Church St.

HO166-200blk_W_Prairie002.jpg
Photograph of the 200 block of W. Prairie at Church St. This was the home of I.R. Mills in 1883. It is the site of the First Presbyterian Church. This photograph was taken after the storm on February 2, 1883.