Browse Items (43 total)

  • Tags: 1912

Photos of the Empress Building --Corbett -Moran Building, interior and ticket booth.

BD125-Empress_Bldg_1-5-1951_018.jpg
Photograph of the Empress/Corbett-Moran Building in 1912. Photograph of the Empress Building in 1951. Photographs of the Empress taken in 1962. Photograph of the interior of the Empress Theatre. Photo of ticket booth with Wayne Matt and ticket…

Photos of South Main Street, Decatur, IL.

ST597-S. Main_&_Macon_Sts_10-1-1949_20190618_0165.jpg
Photograph Decatur: "South Main Street before the Illinois Central subway was built. Road in foreground possibly Cleveland Ave. Looking northwest from the east side of the tracks. the old court house can be seen in the background. The Greenwood…

Photos of Rev. Willard D. Stires

CH100-EPISCOPAL-ST JOHNS-REV_WILLARD_D_STIRES, 1-20-1912.jpg
Photograph of Rev. Willard D. Stires; Rector of St. John's Episcopal Church in Decatur from 1913 to 1916.

Photos of Hue Singleton Restaurant

BS235-SINGELTON_HUE_RESTAURANT_EARLY_ NO DATE.jpg
Photograph of the interior of Hue Singleton's Restaurant, dining room and restaurant help. Photograph of the exterior of Hue Singleton Restaurant, located on the northwest corner of Lincoln Square, taken by George Baker of Decatur, 1912. Photograph…

Photos of Home on West Prairie Street, Decatur, IL.

ST51-52-53-54-WPrairieAve.jpg
Photograph of home at 215 West Prairie Street. Erected by A. T. Hill and torn down in 1925, taken March 1912. Photograph of home at 230 West Prairie Street. John R. Bradshaw home, known as the Bradshaw apartments. It was sold by H. Vincent Allen ,…

Photos of East Main Street, Decatur, IL.

ST585-200_Blk_E_Main_4-3-1910_20190622_0166.jpg
Photograph of people and dog, 200 Block E. Main St. at Water St. The Millikin Bank is the building in the foreground, photo ran Review 4/3/1910. Photos of 432 E. Main St. taken in 1943 and 1934. Photos of Ford Garage E. Main and Franklin, taken 1927.…

Photos from the Herald and Review

BS318-review_composing_room001.jpg
Photo BS318: Review Composing Room-1895. Photo ran in the Review Building Edition December 1895. The composing room was on the fourth floor. Photo BS319: Composing Room Foreman's Office. This was located on the fourth floor at the left of the…

Photographs of No. 4 Millikin Place

HO252-4Millikin_Place-Adolph_Mueller_House_1912032.jpg
Photographs of No. 4 Millikin Place. This house was built by Adolph Mueller in 1912. It was sold in 1946 to Richard S. Reeser.

Photographs of 890 W. William St.

HO178-890 W WILLIAM.jpg
Photographs of 890 W. William St. This house was built by George E. Moeller in 1912. Around 1928 it was bought by John H. McEvoy who still lived there in 1954.